For anyone who might not know, “Sky News” is the British and Australian branding of Fox News.
The one is Australia is actually based.
YouTube has suspended one of the largest media companies in Australia, local Sky News, from posting on its platform for allegedly breaching Covid-19 misinformation policies. It has also reportedly had some of its videos removed.
The one-week suspension was issued following a review of Sky News Australia’s “old videos,” the channel announced on Sunday. Under the terms of the temporary ban, for seven days, YouTube will allow no videos or livestreams to be posted by the channel, which has 1.86 million subscribers, and some earlier videos about coronavirus have been reportedly permanently deleted from the platform.
The ban was issued after some of its online content had been reportedly found to include videos that “denied the existence of Covid-19.” “Numerous” such videos have been removed from the channel, so as not to “cause real-world harm.”
“Specifically, we don’t allow content that denies the existence of Covid-19, or that encourages people to use hydroxychloroquine or ivermectin to treat or prevent the virus,” a YouTube spokesperson told the Guardian Australia, adding that no “sufficient countervailing context” has been provided in the allegedly offending media reports.
According to YouTube’s policies, a week-long suspension counts as one strike. If three such warnings are issued over the course of 90 days, a channel is permanently removed from the platform.
Sky News Australia, which is a subsidiary of News Corp Australia, said it acknowledged YouTube’s “right to enforce its policies,” but “expressly rejects that any host has ever denied the existence of Covid-19 as was implied.” Its digital editor, Jack Houghton, has called the suspension a “disturbing attack” on both human and media rights. Suggesting that YouTube had disagreed with Sky News Australia’s reporting on the debate about anti-Covid measures such as mask-wearing and lockdowns, Houghton said he “wondered” why other controversial videos on the issue remained on the platform. “I am yet to be informed of President Joe Biden’s YouTube and Facebook ban after uttering this false sentence: ‘You’re not going to get Covid if you have these vaccinations,’” he argued.
That was obviously a false statement, but most of what Joe Biden says is either false or just nonsensical gibberish. Vaccines are the only thing you really ever see him talking about, hence the name “Vaxxy Joe,” and he goes even further than Anthony Fauci himself in hyping them up.
Probably, it doesn’t really help conservatives to pretend that YouTube is a private company, or that there isn’t an agenda by liberal Western governments to silence everyone who disagrees with them. The Biden government has itself said that they are directing tech companies to censor people who disagree with them, so this “private company” stuff really doesn’t fly anymore.
But hey – whatever.
The game is already over on that front.
Conservatives stood by and allowed for organized mass censorship and “unpersoning” against me, Alex Jones, and others, and now they’re acting shocked that the censorship machine has gotten around to them.
Of course, as I predicted in 2017, they were always planning to censor the mainstream of the right as heavily as they censored me. Now, it’s just that this time has come.
Here’s one of the videos that was censored on YouTube – it’s reuploaded on BitChute. This appears to be the one that triggered the ban.
They don’t deny the existence of the virus – but they should have.