According to a Washington Post poll, nearly 80% of laid-off workers believe that their jobs are coming back. Pew Research has also published a similar finding.
If true, then this false optimism – carefully crafted by regular “reopen-teasing” media reports and huge, unsustainably inflationary cash injections propping up the financial market – is the sedative which is keeping people at home, consuming entertainment, instead of protesting out in the streets.
This economy hoax – the claim that things will go back to normal – may be even more malicious than the virus hoax itself. This is the false narrative that must be overcome if people are to be able to make sensible conclusions about what they need to do.
The Pentagon, at least, thinks that this squalor is here to stay – though they did not want to share that opinion with the public.
A leaked Pentagon memo on Tuesday revealed that top Department of Defense (DOD) officials have been planning for the possibility that the military could be dealing with a “globally-persistent” coronavirus pandemic well into 2021.
The memo, obtained by Task & Purpose, also warned of the “real possibility” that a vaccine for COVID-19 won’t be available until “at least the summer of 2021.”
“We have a long path ahead, with the real possibility of a resurgence of COVID-19. Therefore, we must now re-focus our attention on resuming critical missions, increasing levels of activity, and making necessary preparations should a significant resurgence of COVID-19 occur later this year,” it read.
When reached by The Hill, a Pentagon official said they could not find a version of the memo as reported by Task & Purpose and could not confirm it specifically.
They did confirm that the department “continues to develop plans that address operating in the COVID-19 environment,” and some versions of such plans had similar language as the reported memo, but none have been approved.
“Senior DoD officials have discussed the development of a plan to reduce Health Protection Conditions around the world and continue the 2020 summer move cycle safely,” they said. “The plans have not been approved by senior DoD leaders yet, and we’re not going to discuss what might be in the final version of those plans.”
The new memo — which was unsigned but reportedly prepared by Kenneth Rapuano, assistant secretary of defense for homeland defense and global security — adds to the skepticism that a coronavirus vaccine will be ready by early next year.
“All indications suggest we will be operating in a globally-persistent COVID-19 environment in the months ahead,” the memo read. “This will likely continue until there is wide-scale immunity, through immunization, and some immunity post-recovery from the virus.”
The document called for increased testing as well as a registry “to track and closely monitor outcomes of those infected with COVID-19.”
The memo also contained an outline for how the military could eventually reopen, including the return of training exercises and the movement of forces.
Defense officials have said the coronavirus will be an obstacle to the military at least until a vaccine is developed, with Esper earlier this month acknowledging that the Pentagon is “preparing for a second wave and maybe more” of the illness.
“We don’t know what the trajectory of this virus will be. So my view has been that we’ll be at this for a number of months, at least until we get a vaccine,” Esper said during a visit to U.S. Northern Command in Colorado, adding that he doesn’t see social distancing “easing anytime soon.”
There is no way to run a society with these measures in place. You cannot have jobs and an economy with “social distancing.”
At minimum, the establishment has known since two weeks into the lockdown that it was an absolute matter of fact that hospitals would not be overwhelmed, preventing which was the initial stated purpose of the lockdown and “social distancing” measures. At this point, we do not know what the purpose of these measures are and no one, including any of the government’s pandemic staff or the Pentagon or even anyone in the media, have attempted to offer an explanation. Some outside of the government have suggested that we should remain locked down until there is a vaccine, which would be an explanation, but the government has never endorsed this idea and is continuing to ostensibly allow certain businesses to open up.
This memo of course indicates that they will be waiting for a vaccine, or at least that this will be the claim they make to the public at some point (the memo even could have been leaked on purpose to climatize people to the idea), which would mean that as we’ve said, any openings that happen over the summer are going to be followed by closings in the fall.
More and more businesses are going to start boarding up, never to be opened again, as we sink quickly into poverty, and the drug addicts begin to line the streets. After that, it will just continue getting worse.
It is clear beyond any doubt that this lockdown is meant to be indefinite, and will remain in some capacity until an entirely new society is formed out of this coronavirus hoax.
Andrew Anglin contributed to this report.