Bill Gates is a big advocate of poop water. He could offer his poop water as a solution.
The Guardian and Consumer Reports investigated American tap water in 120 locations across the United States and found disturbing stuff in it.
- 117 of the 120 samples tested had PFAS (Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances), toxic “forever chemicals” linked to infertility and other serious health problems. Furthermore, more than 35% of the samples had these chemicals in levels above Consumer Reports’ recommended maximum
- About 8% of the samples had arsenic levels above Consumer Reports’ recommended maximum
- 118 of the 120 samples had detectable levels of lead, and there is no safe exposure level of lead
PFAS have recently been on the news, with Shanna Swan, a professor of environmental medicine and public health at Mount Sinai’s Icahn School of Medicine in New York, warning that the world will be completely infertile by 2045 if we continue following current trends.
Tap water is making Americans sicker, dumber, and less fertile.
It is also making men more like women, and women more like men.
This, combined with plastic pollution, are actual threats to the planet and to humanity. But the likes of Greta Thunberg focus on made-up things like climate change, that have no measurable effect on people’s health.
- I Doubt Anyone is Actually Going to Ban Plastics
- Chlorine in Drinking Water Produces “Highly Toxic Byproducts,” Study Finds
Arsenic, lead, PFAS, and plastics have a measurable effect on people’s health. Contaminated water threatens the present and future of people and wildlife alike. This is the real global environmental crisis of our time.
People should be talking about this.