May 6, 2019
BREAKING: Statement from the National Security Advisor John Bolton: pic.twitter.com/sGm0NYOgbe
— Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) May 6, 2019
If you think the Trump presidency is bad now, just wait until it gets a whole helluva lot worse.
The US is deploying a carrier strike group and bomber command force to the Middle East to send a “message” to Tehran, that any attack on US interests will be met by “unrelenting force,” national security adviser John Bolton said.
“The United States is not seeking war with the Iranian regime, but we are fully prepared to respond to any attack, whether by proxy, [by] the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps or regular Iranian forces,” Bolton said in a statement.
You’re not looking for a war, you’re just approaching them and trying to bait them into attacking, or preparing to stage some kind of false flag.
Washington announced sanctions against Iran’s nuclear power plant at Bushehr and a ban on exports of heavy water and any further uranium enrichment on Friday.
In April the Trump administration said it would not renew exemptions granted last year to buyers of Iranian oil, in line with its plan to bring the Islamic Republic’s crude exports to zero.
Also last month, Washington formally designated the IRGC as a terrorist organization in April. Tehran responded by putting US Central Command on its terrorist list.
There now appears to be a zero percent chance that if Trump gets a second term, he won’t start a war with Iran.
I’m not sure if anyone else is thinking this, but it looks like part of the Venezuela thing is that they think they can do it quick and it will build excitement back up behind the idea of invading countries to bring them democracy and human rights.
What a fucking nightmare.
I should have voted for Jeb.