January 18, 2015
The mass-murdering terrorists who run the Jew state of Israel are claiming they did nothing wrong when they slaughtered thousands in Gaza last year and bombed schools and hospitals.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has again denounced the move by the International Criminal Court to launch an inquiry into possible war crimes committed against the Palestinians.
In a televised speech Saturday, he called the move “absurd.”
Netanyahu said the “ultimate folly” of the decision was that the democracy of Israel, a world leader in fighting terrorism, was being investigated by the ICC. At the same time, he said, “the terrorist criminals of Hamas” will be pressing the charges.
He said he would not be surprised if the Islamic State, al-Qaida and Hezbollah followed suit.
Because they are aware there is not really any way in hell they could get any type of court to not convict them of war crimes, given that it is all on video and they admit constantly shelling and bombing civilian targets on purpose, including UN protected zones, they are opting to attempt to shut it down.
Israel is lobbying member-states of the International Criminal Court to cut funding for the tribunal in response to its launch of an inquiry into possible war crimes in the Palestinian territories, officials said on Sunday.
Israel, which like the United States does not belong to the ICC, hopes to dent funding for the court that is drawn from the 122 member-states in accordance with the size of their economies, Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman said on Sunday.
“We will demand of our friends in Canada, in Australia and in Germany simply to stop funding it,” he told Israel Radio.
“This body represents no one. It is a political body,” he said. “There are a quite a few countries – I’ve already taken telephone calls about this – that also think there is no justification for this body’s existence.”
He said he would raise the matter with visiting Canadian counterpart John Baird on Sunday.
Another Israeli official told Reuters that a similar request was sent to Germany, traditionally one of the court’s strongest supporters, and would also be made to Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, who is separately visiting Jerusalem and whose nation is the largest contributor to the ICC.
It’s a weird but clever strategy. I guess it was probably just the only thing left after going through all possible ways through which to avoid a war crimes conviction.
A conviction wouldn’t have any real-life consequences directly, as the UN has no capacity to enforce anything and Israel has made it clear on dozens of occasions that they do not care what the UN thinks of them.
However, on the level of public opinion, a conviction for war crimes – in particular the purposeful mass murder of unarmed children – would certainly not look good. Basically, the world is already aware that the Jews – at least the desert Jews – are a bunch of baby-killers, because they’ve all seen the pictures, but a conviction would mean that every time the Jew state was accused of anything, the media would say “Israel, who was in 2015 convicted by the International Criminal Court for the mass slaughter of babies…”
And they don’t want that. They pushed Gaza too far because the bloodlust was upon them, and now they are doing what Jews do and trying to Jew their way out of consequences.
We’ll have to see how it plays out, but I think they’re going to trial.