Previously on #GaetzGaet:
- Matt Gaetz Investigated for “Underage Sex Trafficking,” Alleges Fed Conspiracy
- Matt Gaetz: Extortion Claims Seem to Check Out
- The Gaetz Saga: Accusations of Orgies with Underage Hookers, Iran Hostages, Other Weird Stuff
The Matt Gaetz jailbait spy drama is just heating up.
As we reported last time, the story now is that Gaetz’ father was being extorted in relation to his son’s alleged jailbait escapades – in order to free a Jewish spy trapped in Iran!
An associate of David McGee, former Justice Department official, has admitted to attempting to extort Matt Gaetz’ father.
The man accused of trying to extort $25 million from Rep. Matt Gaetz’s family admitted Monday that he asked the congressman’s dad for cash — but denied that it was a shakedown.
Bob Kent, an ex-Air Force intelligence officer, confirmed to Sirius Radio host Michael Smerconish that he approached the Florida Republican’s dad, Don Gaetz, for money last month.
The funds, Kent said, were to pay for an effort to free Robert Levinson, a former FBI agent who disappeared in Iran in 2007, and is believed to be dead. Kent claimed he has video evidence that Levinson is still alive and is being held hostage.
Kent said he met Don Gaetz, a wealthy former Florida politician, at his office on March 17 — and told him his son was having “legal issues” and might want to “generate good will” by helping with the rescue effort.
So it was not a shakedown – just totally legitimate political corruption – “I heard your son’s getting hit up by the feds for interstate trafficking of underage girls; me and the boys can make that little problem go away if you give us twenty-five smackonies to free our boy in Iran.”
“I explained that in no way am I trying to extort him and that if he decides not to help us, he’ll never hear from me again,” Kent told Smerconish.
“Matt Gaetz is in need of good publicity, and I’m in need of $25 million to save Robert Levinson,” he added.
Kent insisted that his intention wasn’t to blackmail the Gaetz family.
“I never threatened the man — matter of fact, it was the opposite: I told him if he decides not to help us, he’ll never hear from me again,” Kent said, adding, “I can’t help how it sounds.”
Documents obtained by the Washington Examiner, however, showed how Kent allegedly texted Don Gaetz saying he had a plan that could make his son’s “future legal and political problems go away.”
Kent also gave Don a document called “Project Homecoming” that detailed the alleged federal probe against Matt Gaetz and claimed the FBI had photos of the lawmaker in a “sexual orgy with underage prostitutes.”
“Our strategy for Congressman Gaetz to mitigate his legal, and political, troubles would be for him, or someone else, to arrange for the funds required to obtain the immediate release of Robert Levinson from captivity in Iran,” the document stated.
Kent said the document was put together by Stephen Alford, a Florida developer who has previously been accused of fraud.
This is called “money laundering,” and it’s illegal in its own right.
Also, I don’t really believe that this was about freeing the Jew spy. I think it was just “give me $25 million and I can get you a pardon.”
Transfer of the funds, Kent said, would have been all “aboveboard,” with the cash being funneled through David McGee, a former federal prosecutor who has served as the Levinson family’s attorney.
Don Gaetz contacted the FBI about the proposal and the agency is investigating whether it constitutes an extortion attempt against the Gaetz clan, the Washington Post reported last week.
Well, it can’t be extortion if it was to help the Jews.
And it actually doesn’t appear to be extortion – it appears to be soliciting a bribe.
Kent said he has been interviewed by the FBI and is cooperating.
It’s unclear how Kent and his cohorts knew that Matt Gaetz, 38, was under investigation by the Department of Justice.
Well, the only way they could have known is if someone in the Justice Department tipped them off. This is also illegal, in its own right.
The thing is: I think stuff like this happens all the time, and no one ever gets punished for it. It just so happens that because Gaetz is a goofy millennial and went to the FBI then went on TV to talk about it, we’re seeing the greasy underbelly of daily occurrences in Washington politics.
Here’s the Kent interview with Smerconish.
(Very retro thumbnail there, Smerconish. Fair play to you.)
It looks like, most likely, this is what happened:
- Gaetz walked into an FBI honeypot with a girl who was underage. Probably, this was a total setup, where he had reason to believe she was over 18. Probably, she contacted him on social media, and had stuff on her social media showing that she was in college, which would make most people believe she was over age.
- He probably did pay for the flight (across state lines) and hotel, as is alleged – something that, even if the girl is over the age of consent (but under 18), makes it “sex trafficking.”
- This was just standard blackmail, which the FBI gathers on all politicians. It was a routine jailbait fix-up.
- The jailbait event happened two years ago, but the case was opened at the end of the Trump Administration.
- Probably, someone came to Gaetz and implied something something about how he’d “better play ball” or his “dirty secrets might become a problem,” and Gaetz didn’t know what they were talking about and thought it was a bluff (because two years later, he was still not aware the girl was underage, and probably doesn’t even remember meeting her).
- Gaetz did not play ball, so the DOJ opened an investigation into the FBI blackmail material from two years ago.
- Someone at the DOJ contacted former DOJ official David McGee, and he concocted the plan to solicit a bribe from Gaetz’ father (Gaetz Senior is very wealthy).
- The whole thing with Levinson is just designed to give legal cover in case the story came out. I think Levinson is dead, and this money was just going into the pockets of the lawyers, launderers, and people at the DOJ who gave them the tip. This connects it to the Jews, and also makes the extortionists or bribe solicitors look like good guys. Most bribes are set up as donations to causes. (That’s the entire way the Clinton Foundation was run.)
- Kent is probably telling the truth, and all they said was “we can help you out with this.” It was probably true that they could help out with it. (During that crazy Tucker Carlson interview, Gaetz mentioned that they told him they could get him a pardon from Joe Biden – they probably could do that.)
- Gaetz told his father that it was a lie, that he never was with any underage girls (again, he probably never knew the girl in question was under age), and so the two Gaetz went to the FBI.
- Obviously, people in the FBI told McGee that the Gaetz went to them, so they shut down the whole thing by leaking the story to the New York Times.
It all makes pretty clear sense now.
On Tuesday, the New York Times claimed that Gaetz had sought a “blanket pardon” from Trump. That could just be fake news. Who knows. If it’s not fake news, then that just means he’d been warned about the investigation. It doesn’t prove he was knowingly guilty of a jailbait plane ticket.
Presumably, Gaetz is now totally doomed. At some point, they’re going to print a bunch of pictures of him with different young girls, and whether he gets convicted of the jailbait incident or not (he probably won’t be), he will be permanently disgraced. People get mad when politicians are having sex with a bunch of girls, because they feel like they’re getting ripped off – the politician is only getting the sex because they elected him.
The media is piling on.
It really is something, that Gaetz is this milquetoast, and they’re deciding he’s too “far right” and have moved to destroy him.
Most likely, it was Republicans who wanted the deed done, because he’s annoying them as they try to form a consensus against their own voters.
Don’t be a Dummy
If you’re going to be involved in politics, you just need to get married and be a faithful husband to that bitch. They always get people on this sex stuff. I know it kinda sucks to get big and famous and NOT be able to use that to get girls, but that’s just the deal.
They don’t even have to do the underage honeypot thing. They can just metoo you. You have to use the Pence Rule and never be alone with a woman. Sorry, no choice.